Sub Intro

Lets weight a minute and talk...about health, weight loss, recipes, your ups and downs and any advice...just remember, you have to laugh at yourself!

Fitness Pal Ticker

Created by MyFitnessPal - Free Calorie Counter

Wednesday, July 17, 2013

Say Hello To My Little Friend

Meet Zip:
He's a feisty little bugger who likes long walks and runs.
See that face he's giving me?  Means "get off your ass little girl, you're not impressing me right now!"

This is a FitBit I've mentioned earlier.  Tracks my steps (rather accuratly by the way), miles walked and calories burned...I can view all that from the screen.

From the app and website profile, I can see a whole lot more.  Not to get all techy-confusing on you, but I actually use an app and website called MyFitnessPal.com (link to my profile is on the right side of this blog page) to track my workouts, food log, weight logging and water consumption.  It is synced to my fitbit profile so I don't have to enter anything twice. 

In a nutshell:
  • I log my morning weight, then my food and water throughout the day in my FitnessPal app on my phone.
  • I walk around and Zip tracks my steps.
  • I enter my aerobics (or whatever) in Fitness Pal (I tell it exactly WHEN I did the workout too, say 5-5:30pm).
  • If I've walked enough steps to burn enough calories, FitnessPal is synced to FitBit (Zip) and shows a calorie "credit" on my food log...so walk more = eat more!  AND it won't count any steps during the times I've recorded exercise (no double dipping!).
  • If I ever open my FitBit app, all the stuff I've entered in Fitness Pal shows up...weight, water, food, exercise.
Why do I even bother using FitnessPal if I have a FitBit?  Because I can link with friends via FitnessPal who do or don't have FitBits as well- so look me up!

Walgreens Step Program
Another thing I just learned today actually (Thanks April!) is that you can sync FitBit devices to the Walgreens Step Program (once you register) and get points that track automatically.  These points convert to Walgreens rewards (aka money on your Walgreens member card to use in the store).  So if you already have a Walgreens member card like I did, and a FitBit, you might as well sync them for free money!

1 comment:

  1. The day after I linked my fitbit to the Walgreens account, I logged back in and I already have 600 points! Every 5,000 points is $5. Every little bit helps, but getting paid to walk around is pretty neat!

    ReplyDelete