![]() |
| June 2010- Alan's 1st Bday and I'm almost to plus sizes at 195...Time to do something! |
![]() |
| Dec 2010 - down to 160 with Jenny Craig...stopped early 2011 at 155 :( |
I gained most of it back by the end of 2012 so I started Nutrisystem because it cost half as much and I wouldn't have a rep calling me all the time. Results were 10 lbs lost and 5 lbs gained after. I got tired of the food...I didn't want to pay extra for the frozen meals that probably tasted better. I needed something different.
![]() |
| Oct 2012- My 30th Bday and around 170...I hit 175 in March 2013 |
In March of 2013 (after a Vegas trip that kicked our butts), my husband and I started counting calories with myfitnesspal.com. We even cut out alcohol for nearly a month...sounds dumb that that is a big deal, but I love to have a glass of wine with dinner at home and try different drinks when we go out. Erik enjoys his whiskey/coke nightly as well and beer when friends were over. We changed how we ate together and learned a lot on our own. I did all 30 days of Jillian Michaels 30-day shred workouts, and he did the P90X program...all of it except the last week! So proud of him! I lost 18 lbs and he lost 25. I think he's lost another 10 lbs while not working out and I've gained 5. Boys! :P
So I'm stalling between 157-161...story of my life recently. We are still eating better...tons of grilled meat and raw veggies. We throw in some brown rice or noodles once in awhile but quit buying those box dinners all together! Those are bad news!
![]() |
| July 2013 - 161 and ready to break my plateau! |
I not only want to reach 150...I want to break free of it and prove to myself that I can get to 145. That won't quite get me to the "middle" of Healthy BMI, but it would make a world of difference to my attitude and wardrobe! (As of 7/22, I'm upping my goal to 140! That's my dream weight so might as well go all the way!)
So why the DMX program? I want to be able to maintain our healthy eating as an example to our son and I want to exercise some so I can tone up a little in the process of losing weight. I wanted a tool that would work with how I'm already living and DMX seems like it will do that pretty easily. I don't want to be popping pills left and right or subbing all my meals for shakes or microwaved food. That's not a healthy example for our son in my opinion. I also want to be included in the same family dinners as everyone else and not be doing my own thing all the time.
I'm going to track my progress on here and be as specific as possible as to what I eat and how often I exercise and what the program actually requires me to do. We'll see how it goes!






No comments:
Post a Comment